About the Alliance : Councils
The Smart Card Alliance Latin America is member-driven community with industry and technology councils that are focused groups within the overall structure of the Alliance. Councils have been created to foster increased industry collaboration within a specified industry or market segment and produce tangible results, speeding smart card adoption and industry growth. Groups collaborate on specific deliverables, including reports, briefings and educational material. Active Councils currently include:
- Means Payments Council: To promote the understanding of the benefits using smart cards in the financial sector.
- Government Identification Council: To exchange information among different government institutions in the region regarding the use of smart cards in helping to improving government services.
Fernando Mendez – Visa Inc.
Kim Hangoc – MasterCard Worldwide
Pablo Juan – Giesecke & Devrient
- Technical Advisor:
Filipe Mello – Watchdata Technologies
- Government Identity Council Chair:
Luis de la Cruz – Ultra Electronics
- Means of Payments Council Chair:
Diego Noreña – Visa Inc.
- Observing General Member:
Nidia Ceballos – First Data
Means of Payments Council
The Means of Payments Council has been working on the evolution of payments technology, helping vertical markets migrating to chip technology to converge and create collaborative efforts in the payment process. Areas of focus: EMV Migration, Open Payments, Transportation, City Cards, Social Benefits Cards, Financial Inclusion, wearable devices, and mobile.
Government Identification Council
The Government Identification council has been working with industry leaders, government agencies, and international organizations to develop interoperable multi-application national identity documents. This collaborate efforts focuses on the technology barriers that create challenges for governments to identify foreign citizens, their privileges, and basic human rights.