News and Events : Latin America Chapter in the News
Latin America Chapter in the News
The Latin America Chapter of the Smart Card Alliance has an active communications program to promote industry messages in business, vertical market, and technology publications. Coverage results from both Alliance press releases and interviews with publications writing articles about smart cards. Selected recent coverage is shown below with links to online articles.
- PaymentMedia, June – July 2015
- EBanking News, September 25, 2012
- Ciudad del Saber, May 15, 2012
- Digital Supply Chain, March 14, 2012
September – November 2010
- GSnews Magazine, November 12, 2010Author: Fernando Mendez, Chairman of SCALA – Smart Card Alliance Latin America
- El Finaciero Mexico, November 23, 2010
- El Observador Uruguay, November 15, 2010
- Portafolio Columbia, November 18, 2010
- Payment Media, September 21, 2010
June – July 2009
- PaymentMedia, June – July 2009, Migracion Regional hacia EMV (page 1)
April – May 2009
December 2008 – January 2009
- PaymentMedia, Diciembre 2008 – Enero 2009, Tarjetas Inteligentes y Sus Formatos
October – November 2008
- PaymentMedia, Octubre – Noviembre 2008, La migración a EMV Completa en America Latina (page 1 and page 2)
- CardNews – Drops, Febrero 2008, Cartao De Visita
- Cardnews, January 2008, Smart Card Alliance: Um mercado em expansão in Portuguese by Edgar Betts (JPEG image).
- PaymentMedia, Octubre 2007, Tecnologia de Tarjetas Inteligentes en Pagos Electronicos (page 1 and page 2)
- Cardenews, August 2007, Smart Card: impossível viver sem ele in Portuguese by Edgar Betts (JPEG image).
- PaymentMedia, August 2007, Interview with Edgar Betts, Associate Director, Smart Card Alliance Latin America in Spanish.
- Global Identification, July 2007, Lift off in Latin America by Kevin Gillick, GlobalPlatform, and Randy Vanderhoof, Smart Card Alliance.This article describes how governments and industry are looking towards smart card technology to assist them in cost effective, flexible and secure deployments of government issued ID’s such as healthcare, access control, e-government, National ID and payment cards. These projects have created short-term high-growth rates, as seen in Latin America by a presentation done at the Smart Cards in Government & Payments conference given by Smart Card Alliance and GlobalPlatform. In order to safeguard the infrastructure investments, open standards will be used to allow systems to evolve depending on the needs for the future.