Panama to Introduce National Identity Card
Dear Members and Friends of the Smart Card Alliance Latin America – SCALA:
The Electoral Tribunal of Panama has embarked on a journey to develop a secure multi-application smart national identity card. It is hoped that the card, which will use an integrated circuit to align government services, will become the most advanced identity card in the region. The smart card technology-based card will be a secure document to conduct transactions. The Electoral Tribunal has been working with SCALA to increase their access to impartial information, gain access to industry experts, and exchange knowledge with other governments in the Americas.
White Papers & Case Studies
- EMV Migration & Market Analysis–Mexico & Brazil
Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Brazilian National ID and Digital Certificate Implementation
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America (SCALA) Partners with Florida State University – Panama on Smart Card Technology Education Program
- Smart Card Alliance Latino América (SCALA) firma convenio con Florida State University-Panamá para Programa Educacional en Tecnología de las Tarjetas Inteligentes
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America Announces New Executive Committee
- Smart Card Alliance Latino America (SCALA) to Host Information Exchange Program with Mexican Government
- Inteligensa Will Participate in the V Fraud Prevention Seminar in Peru
- New authentication systems for panama banking
- INTELIGENSA, Leader in EMV Chip Migration in Latin America
- La Guía de Migración a EMV de Smart Card Alliance Latino América (SCALA) Disponible ahora en Español y Portugués
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America (SCALA) EMV Roadmap White Paper Now Available in Spanish and Portuguese
- Inteligensa i-Thing: Contactless Technology for Quick and Easy Payments
Latin America Smart Card News
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.