I wanted to share my thoughts on the Target security breach scandal, which compromised personal information and credit/debit cards of over 70 million consumers. The fact that this incident occurred during the holiday shopping season is of no surprise me, the malicious individuals who are behind the attack were expecting to get the most amount of consumer involved and to compromise their financial information. I also suspect that the criminals knew the potential financial effects to the retail giant when the news story broke, with consumers changing their preferences and avoid shopping at Target.
White Papers & Case Studies
- EMV Migration & Market Analysis–Mexico & Brazil
Spanish, Portuguese, English
- Brazilian National ID and Digital Certificate Implementation
Join the Alliance
Our mission is to accelerate the widespread adoption, usage, and application of smart card technology in North America by bringing together users and technology providers in an open forum to address opportunities and challenges for our industry.
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America Announces New Executive Committee
- Smart Card Alliance Latino America (SCALA) to Host Information Exchange Program with Mexican Government
- Inteligensa Will Participate in the V Fraud Prevention Seminar in Peru
- New authentication systems for panama banking
- INTELIGENSA, Leader in EMV Chip Migration in Latin America
- La Guía de Migración a EMV de Smart Card Alliance Latino América (SCALA) Disponible ahora en Español y Portugués
- Smart Card Alliance Latin America (SCALA) EMV Roadmap White Paper Now Available in Spanish and Portuguese
- Inteligensa i-Thing: Contactless Technology for Quick and Easy Payments
- Gemalto selected by América Móvil, Banamex and Banco Inbursa as the technology provider for Transfer mobile payment service in Mexico
- RFID Technology Smooths Mass Transit
Latin America Smart Card News
The Smart Card Alliance brings you a wealth of information about smart card technology and its applications.
Latin America Chapter
The Latin American smart card market is growing, and the Smart Card Alliance has formed a new Latin American chapter to bring together smart card suppliers, partners and customers in order to address the challenges facing smart card deployment in the region.